Friday, April 26, 2013

My Unicorn

For twas a night so swift and sweet,
The dawn danced for the dew.
Trees frolicked to fairy bells,
Take heed this story tis true.

I bowed before my animal guide,
In spirit and in rest.
His body so strong, his will so deep,
I knew I got the best.

My journey he said will be long and hard,
But worthy it'll be in the end.
Just grab my tail and follow my hooves,
Until we reach the spirit realm.

I followed him into and through the night,
Under a full moon dusted in pink.
He was my protection, lover and friend,
Even in quicksand, I couldn't sink.

Along the way the reaper called and broke my heart in two,
For I'm not ready, I can't leave him here, I do not want to go.
The shadow grew close and swallowed me up, killed my beloved unicorn,
I wasn't going, though death it would chance as I flung myself onto his horn.

by dena mckinnon



No comments:

Post a Comment